Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm No Gopher Health Challenge - Step 1: It's true, I'm not perfect.


Step 1 of my strategy outline is: Self Evaluation of Current State. Before we head out on a journey, no matter what the destination, we first have to know where we are starting from. It's not always pretty and usually there's a reason we intend to travel elsewhere, but in order to lay down a brick road, it's just as important to know where to place the first brick as it is where to place the last. It is best to be brutally honest with ourselves at this stage, while at the same time, making sure we don't fall prey to shame or guilt! What matters is the present decision to make a change. Even if you're not ready to take action on that change immediately, the realization that you're not where you want to be matters a lot.

I've broken down the self evaluation to include current height/weight, bmi, body measurements, energy level, exercise/eating habits, mood and photos to visually document my current state. Before I list all of my details, I invite you, once again, to join in if you feel you could benefit from developing healthier habits by participating in the interactive parts of this challenge! Make sure to look out for the highlighted labels: YOUR TURN for the interactive bits.

Okay, (deep breath) here's my breakdown:

Levels: (1 is the least & 10 is the most)
Energy level - 6
Great mood - 7
Amount of daily exercise - 4

Eating Habits:
The number of meals and the times at which I have them vary daily.
I am a late night eater.
I get caught up with my activities and remember to eat only once I'm famished.
I do not plan my meals ahead of time.

Basics:
Height - 5'5"
Weight - 180 lbs.
BMI - 37.64%

Measurements: (in inches)
Neck - 13.5
Upper Arm - 13.5
Chest - 41
Waist - 37
Belly - 41
Hips - 44
Upper Thigh - 25
Total inches measured:  215


YOUR TURN:
Check it out! I created this form for you to fill out and be able to track your own progress. It can be done anonymously if you so wish.



My turn and YOUR TURN:
I placed my photos on a web page where you could upload yours too. Just click on add files to add your own. Time to let it all hang out shamelessly!
http://www.drop.io/smallrisk

Next, it'll be on to Step 2 of the strategy - Specific Goal Setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment